Dual Monitors on GTX770 and Intel HD4600

jja2000

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
So I just built my first pc :)D) and I wanted to use as much of my old setup (peripherals that is) as possible.
My monitors are:
iiyama ProLite e2473HS (main)
Hp pavilion f1723
Since the hp monitor is vga only I can't plug it in the graphics card (2x dvi 1x hdmi and 1x displayport I think) and need to put it in integrated graphics. I tried this and it didn't work:

There's no signal on the monitor.

If someone knows how to tweak the uefi or at least fix it that would be damn good :)

Specs:
MSI z87-g43 (uefi version: e7816IMS v1.7)
I7-4770K
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770 OC 2gb
2x4 gigs of ram (1600MHz)
If I miss anything of these specs you need to know tell me and I'll edit the post.

~Jasper

Solution
Look in your BIOS for iGPU Multi-Monitor and enable that option. Also if you do that you have to force the BIOS to make the GPU the primary display output not the onboard graphics. Then you need to install Intel drivers.

jja2000

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

Nope...

VGA is analog I think and dvi is digital.
The adapter needs to convert this signal which can't be done in that tiny thing I guess.

jja2000

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

Installing the driver did it! Thx :D

Hmmm guess that's why I don't buy Gigabyte, always skimping on accessories. Any card that I have bought have always come with that adapter, have over a hand full in my desk at work.

anyway

If your going to use this for gaming then you don't want to use your monitors that way. Your cpu is now doing graphics work and also using system ram for said graphics. The 770 cam handle both monitors hooked up to it just fine. Ask a friend if they have one laying around or ask round the place you work, anyone that has done any custom computer build will have a few laying round.

jja2000

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

Not gonna use it for gaming anyways. It's for some extra space for when I'm gaming with clanmates (ts, etc.) also using it for streaming for chatwindows and nightbot.

Gonna wait till my dad searched on his work if he has one since we don't have one laying around here, if not I'm gonna buy one anyways.

Don't have work since I'm one year older than the rule under the "Enable email notification of this thread" tick when posting something. :evil: