Help needed: 3x displays attaching to one GPU

Rmmhc

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around how I am going to get 3x displays attached to 1x GPU. I know the answer is probably obvious and I've been looking at this the wrong way, but this is why I now need outside assistance.

Note: I have not purchased the 3x monitors yet. I will be purchasing this month.

I currently have 2 GPU in SLI: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked with ACX Cooler 4 GB GDDR5 256-Bit Dual-Link DVI-I/DVI-D HDMI DP SLI Ready Graphics Card 04G-P4-3774-KR.

Monitors I plan on purchasing: Dell Ultrasharp U2412M.

I would post links to the GPU and monitor, but I am getting weird errors with the URL linking. Not sure what's going on.

Anyway, how would I connect 3 of those monitors to the 1 GPU? Is it possible? Should I look into monitor alternatives?

Thank you for your assistance.

Solution
Those are great monitors and you do not need to change them. In order to connect all 3 monitors to your 1GPU, since the monitors have a DVI, DP and VGA ports, you can connect two of the monitors to your two DVI ports (doesn't matter if its DVI-I or DVI-D) and you'll have to buy a display port cable to use on your third GPU. You can use VGA as a VGA cable is included, however I strongly recommend that you do not. You shouldn't be using an analog cable on a good quality IPS panel, that's just sillyness :p But you can use it temporarily if you're waiting on a Display Port cable in the mail. Good luck! :)

marshal11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Those are great monitors and you do not need to change them. In order to connect all 3 monitors to your 1GPU, since the monitors have a DVI, DP and VGA ports, you can connect two of the monitors to your two DVI ports (doesn't matter if its DVI-I or DVI-D) and you'll have to buy a display port cable to use on your third GPU. You can use VGA as a VGA cable is included, however I strongly recommend that you do not. You shouldn't be using an analog cable on a good quality IPS panel, that's just sillyness :p But you can use it temporarily if you're waiting on a Display Port cable in the mail. Good luck! :)

Solution

Rmmhc

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Thank you very much for the assistance. I can't tell you how many times I've Googled for that answer but ended up off track. Have a great week!

quick question: Display port cable. Display port to display port?