New PC Build, No Video, No Beep

jleng

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Hey everyone,

This is my 2nd build I've done and thought since it went pretty smooth the first time, I'd be able to handle it a second time. So far, that's proven far from the truth. I went through the "PERFORM THESE STEPS" thread and have still came up with nothing. I'm not sure if i did something wrong or if one of the pieces were DOA, so I was hoping THW could help me since everyone here seem so insightful and helpful.

I've started with the bare minimum, motherboard, cpu, cpu fan, one ram stick and the speaker. I've plugged the power supply to the motherboard and the cpu. I also plugged one of the case fans to the motherboard just to see if it'd work. All fans work, but nothing happens after that.

http://imgur.com/qtXl8Kg

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/suggestions.

so you get no form of post or information on the screen? just power and black? how are you hooked up in terms of monitor?

jleng

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Yup, I get nada. I took out the discrete gfx card and just used the motherboards HDMI that I plugged to my TV.

jleng

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
I honestly didn't think it'd make a difference, I'll give it a try right now.

Update: It didn't work =/

jleng

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Just tried moving the RAM stick to different slots with no luck... Is it possible either the PSU, motherboard, or cpu is defective? Or I'm possibly missing something I should be plugging in?

jleng

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

Yup, that is the cable running up to the upper left corner. Im going to try using my old psu once I get home to see if maybe the psu could be the problem. Hoping it'll bring something up and I'll just have to exchange the psu. I'd rather not have to take everything out and return to motherboard.. I can't even remember what came with it.

jleng

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Found out the problem, it was a bad PSU! I saw a post somewhere on here that said just because your fans turn on doesn't mean the PSU is good. So I plugged up my old PSU and it worked like a charm!