Wireless Internet Help!

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
You'll need to install a wireless adapter. They come in PCI, PCIe, and USB (those are the ones I know off the top of my head). They're not too expensive either.

My advice to give to you about buying them is know what you need. If your computer's relatively close to your router (like same room), a USB adapter will suffice. These are generally really small and easy to set up, but their ranges are mediocre, and so are their speeds. I had to learn this the hard way, which can be seen if you were able to search through my posts, I have a Nano USB adapter in my gaming PC and I sort of regret it (I get full speed and everything cause my desktop's in the same room as my router. Approx. 2 feet away from each other).

If you're not all that close to your router, you should invest in a PCIe card. You'll have to open up your case, install, drivers, and yadayadaya, but PCIe cards will give you better speeds and better ranges, all due to the antennae.

mlaykj99

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Thanks! I guess can anyone give me the best option for a low cost. I'm right above
my router a floor up and want something that will be smooth. Any suggestions?