AMD or INTEL? WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES?

AMD OR INTEL?

• AMD FX 8350

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel Core i7 4770 or 4790k

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Agash

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
I dont want any fanboy war just your experiences on AMD AND INTEL!!!

Questions: ****All these questions are based off of AMD FX 8350 and Intel Core i7 4790k/4770k****

Is AMD faster than Intel if amd is overclocked (e.g. FX 8350 @ 4.5/5 vs Intel i7 4790k)

Is AMD a better multitasker on stock/overclock then intel or vice-versa?

Does AMD bottleneck SLI GTX 760 or any other cards (FX 8350) or does it have to be overclocked to not bottleneck?

Is amd better for multi-threaded programs/games or intel?

Is Intel better for single threaded programs?

Is amd better than intel overclocked?

Finally, which is better for the future, AMD FX 8350 or 4790k?

1. AMD will never outperform that i7 even if overclocked.

2. AMD should be a better multi-tasker, since it has more cores, but Intel is also pretty good.

3. There is a higher chance for AMD to be bottlenecking those cards.

4. AMD performs better in multi-threaded applications, but Intel's processors have hyper-threading, and thus perform better.

5. Intel is better for single-threaded applications.

6. Depends.

I would say the i7 would be better on the future.

I think when comparing these two processor makers, there is only one thing to check: the price/performance of the processor. On any game the FX will perform almost equally to the i7. Intel would be better on other applications.

This is just my opinion.

Agash

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
OH, but if I overclock on amd, will it still bottleneck? AND I NEED MORE EXPERIENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's your processor?

LookItsRain

Distinguished
I agree with what tech said above, amd is just behind intel and there only selling point is the low price and number of cores, which does not really help games, plus the AM3+ socket may be dead, they dont seem to want to update the fx line. This is unfortunate for the consumer, less competition.

In terms of experiance, my i5 3210m in my laptop runs better than my friends fx 4300,6100 and an a10 4600m while using much less energy.