Which monitor should I pick?

Which monitor would you prefer by the quality/price factor?

• BenQ Xl2420Z

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • BenQ XL2411Z

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Here's a little poll. I'll be buying other one by the end of the day.

ChrisR83

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
ASUS VG248QE, the performance is almost identical, it’s so close when toms hardware reviewed then both they said there was no way to tell a difference, its that close, it is also compatible with G-Sync, you can get a DIY kit and install it yourself, and is cheaper!

I was looking at the same monitors before I found the ASUS, and I was going to go with the XL2420Z, just make sure you get one with Firmware version 2. Or you are going to have a lot of issues, and from what I have read it’s a pain in the ass to update it yourself.

G

Hmm, what I heard from the shop where I'm planning to buy it, its pretty random if it is firmware 2 or no, since the company who brings them, can't tell which is which. Is that something I can see on the package, or find out before buying in the store?

And yea, I have thought this through a lot, these two are my best options when it comes to price and availability near me. One of my friends also has the 2420 on, and he recommends it. But I'll have a look at the asus ones in case there are some good offers :)

ChrisR83

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
i honestly don’t know if you can find out what firmware is installed prior to buying the monitor, I do not have very good luck when it comes to stuff like that, that is one of the reasons i chose not to go with that monitor. the price for me was the other, i got the VG248QE for $269 USD on newegg.

G

There's a pretty good computer shop near me, where the xl2411 is 300e (they are bit more in dollars i guess), xl 2420 is 400e and the asus one is 350e, so it's kinda mid tier. This is gonna be a hard decision. I'll probably do some research of the asus one and then buy the best one.

One of the reasons why I prefer the BenQ one is the usb hub in the monitor itself, that would be kinda useful for me, but its not that important. But I googled a bit and it really seems, that the monitors are pretty much the same. But then again, there's not so much difference between the asus one and xl2411, and the benq one is cheaper.

Gotta do some comparison