ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe, MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk and i7-2600K for three Monitors

e-freak

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Hi,
I have a gaming rig with a GTX560-Ti and an i7-2600K and two Monitors connected. Now I would like to connect my Television with the Mini-HDMI Port on the GTX and duplicate the first screen to it, so I can play games either on the Main Screen or on the Television without changing the Display Settings. Now I now that my Graphics Card can't handle more than two monitors at the same time but my hope was that because its displaying the same thing on two monitors it could just send the signal through both outputs. Couldn't get this working though so I'm asking for help here now.
I know there is Lucid Virtu MVP which gives you the opportunity to run three monitors using the iGPU but my Motherboard only has support for Lucid Virtu, not MVP, because ASUS isn't paying the fees for this Motherboard. But as far as I know Lucid Virtu only uses the onboard Display connector but the Deluxe Edition doesn't have such a connector so I need to use the dGPU Ports.
Is there a way to connect all three monitors (1/2 same and 3 extended or if possible even an extended desktop with all three monitors) using some 3rd party software or the iGPU or something like this without buying a second GPU? Or maybe a very cheap second GPU (like under 50€ or something) so my System can handle all three Monitors?
At the moment I'm mirroring the screen using a Raspberry Pi connected to the TV but it has some noticeable delay so I'm searching for a better way.

Additional System Infos:
- OS: Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Mac OS X 10.8 and Elementary OS Freya
- RAM: 20GB
- CPU: i7-2600K @ 4,9GHz
- GPU: MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk
- MB: ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe

- Max

Solution

Oh yeah, sorry i missed that.

Then the simplest solution would be to just buy a very cheap graphics card for the additional screen. I would pick another nvidia card just for driver simplicity.

A used card from ebay would be a good bet something low power like a GT210 GT410 GT510 etc.

e-freak

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

Thats the problem, my Motherboard doesn't have a Display Connector, neither DVI nor HDMI.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Oh yeah, sorry i missed that.

Then the simplest solution would be to just buy a very cheap graphics card for the additional screen. I would pick another nvidia card just for driver simplicity.

A used card from ebay would be a good bet something low power like a GT210 GT410 GT510 etc.

Solution

e-freak

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014

And you're sure that this works? Because I'm a little bit sceptical :D
If so this would be awesome^^

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Yup, as easy as that, piece of cake, for extending the desktop. Cant say I have tried it for duplicating though. The duplicates might have to be outputting from the same card, the other GPU might only be able to do extend, not sure.