Best Gaming Monitor under $250?

Thaimasker

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
I was thinking of getting a 1444HZ monitor but heard it wasn't worth it even tho I'm getting a graphics card that could make use of it...
It doesn't have to be $250 so if there is a $150 Monitor that's the best in this range feel free to post and save me some $

Thaimasker

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
Yes the VG248QE really is popular and tempting...But as someone who rarely plays shooters would the higher refresh rate really matter to me? I hear conflicting reports about colors so its realy hard to decide lol. Getting it would put me $100 out of my budget (I'm building a PC for the first time) so I hope its really worth it if I decide to get it.

stokes1790

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Yep, everyone is going to tell you the same thing. That ASUS monitor is a beast. Best gaming display in the price range by a mile, and has an absolutely top of the line stand as well. Even if you can't push your games past 60fps, the response time on the monitor alone is worth the price tag. (and you'll be able to do 144hz/1080p with your next gpu!- so yay futureproofing)

It seems that great minds think alike :D

What kinds of games do you like to play?

stokes1790

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

well you said gaming monitor. And the ASUS is a gaming monitor through and through. It is a TN display, but I've found the color gamut to be vastly superior to the run of the mill ~$120-150 TN displays. It isn't quite as good as an IPS, but for gaming the response time and refresh rate trade offs are well worth it to me. The higher refresh rate isn't just for twitch games, it eliminates tearing which is completely immersion breaking to a lot of people.

the only real criticism of the monitor, and TN displays in general, is off angle viewing. If that is a big consideration for you, I would say the viewing angle is average (although the stand is freaking amazing so unless you're trying to have like 3 people watch at once from various heights you should be fine)

Thaimasker

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
Well I play Strategy/RTS and RPGS mostly. Do games such as Skyrim or w/e still look great on it? I did say gaming monitor but I still want games to look beautiful. What specs should I look in for a mouse to make use of the high FPS or response time ? If that even matter