Building a computer - any feedback on the following would be appreciated!

Psycho Guppy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Hello Gentlemen (and women),

I have been out of the "tech" world for about 20 years. That was the last time I had my hands on the inside of a computer, and that was just swapping in a new video card. So, I'm building a new computer from scratch. I play a lot of different kinds of video games, and I really like playing at 1080p resolution on the highest graphics settings I can. I am not interested in setting benchmark scores to impress others, only playability. Here's a list of parts I'm planning on getting:

ASUS Z97-A m/b
Intel i5-4670k (I'll look up how to overclock it later)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cpu fan (I can OC with this, right?)
Corsair Vengence Pro RAM (2GBx4GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked 2GB (is there any point to getting the 4GB model?)
Crucial M500 240GB SATA SSD (I heard it was easy to set your OS to boot from here)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (for Media, games, etc)
ASUS 24x DVD Burner
XFX PRO 650 Core 80+ Bronze ATX psu (enough power?)
Wrapped up in a Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid-Tower case

I have a few questions:
Will all these parts co-exist peacefully together in this case? I think everything is the right socket (1150), size (ATX), etc.
Are there any other critical components I'm missing, aside from an OS? I do have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor already. I also have a screwdriver set to put this thing together.
Are any of these parts going to cause a bottleneck, or are any parts too good for the rest of the components?

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!
Scott

Psycho Guppy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I see they aren't that different in price. The better heat dissipation comes from the included TIM, correct? If I'm using "aftermarket" TIM, does it even matter?

dottorrent

Honorable

Intel is using a better dye TIM this time around, so even with the CM Thermal paste, it'll stay frosty.

Psycho Guppy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

Thanks for the advice. I took it :) Please check out my other post if you can shed any light on why the PC I built isn't starting up!