ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 - CPU Red LED (from improper shut down)

uKnowChinchilla

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Hello everyone,

I Didn't mean to post another related CPU Red LED issue but so far none of the posts explain a similar FML situation as the one I have. The CPU has been working flawlessly for months and just a night ago I mistakenly flipped the power switch on the power surge with my foot while the computer was on. I flipped the switch back on and went to power the PC only to see that it would not POST and the CPU red LED shined nice and bright :\ I went ahead and did a clear CMOS by switching the jumper and even removing the battery but no luck yet. I'm quite proficient with PCs but electrical situations is beyond my league.

I would appreciate some assistance in determining the best way to approach this matter. I'm not too sure if the power supply is shot, motherboard fried up or if there is something else that may be causing the issue because of an improper shut down. Any help or ideas would gladly be considered.

Thank you for your time :)

CPU Specs:
AMD FX 8350
Corsair H100i Liquid CPU cooler
Fatil1ty Professional Series 550W
Patriot Viper 2x4gb ddr3 kit 1600MHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 760
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB
Cooler Master HAF XB case

romirez

Distinguished
If FANs still works:
It can be bios failure after power off.
But to fix those kinds of failures - will need to flash bios with programmer (like service centers do).
Anyway - try to get post card and start mobo with cpu only - tell us post codes.

If you wish to measure resistances - I can help you too.

P.S. I have the same Cooler Master HAF XB case :)

uKnowChinchilla

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010

Yes, the fans are still working :) So now on with the BIOS. The ASUS has a USB Bios Flashback function. Would this function properly even though there is no POST? - UPDATE: So I answered my own question by trying this out once the computer was off and the power supply was connected with the switch on. It seemed like it worked well but once I went to turn it on the CPU red LED is still on and no POST :(

And yes, I did get some slight knowledge measuring resistance because of my motorcycle's recent electrical issues but any additional help would be gladly appreciated!

P.S. The HAF XB case is the best! Makes my life so much easier when I have to do anything to the computer.

UPDATE: Found two useful threads to explaining the USB Bios Flashback with no POST http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/325095-30-asus-990fx-posting and http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332216-30-asus-bios-flashback