"No Display Output" Crashing

Brisingr14

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
Hi

I have a XFX R9 280X Double Dissapation 3GB GFX card. When playing games (or stressing it with MSI Kombuster) , the PC will crash a couple of minutes in by ceasing display on my monitor. The computer is also frozen (my G510 keyboard ceases to operate properly). The computer also doesn't shutdown or restarts when it crashes, it remains powered on. Returning to normal operation requires a hard restart of the computer.

I've sent the GFX card away back to the supplier so they can conduct tests. I have a couple of questions though.

1) The supplier stated that they will "test the GPU in DX11 & Heat Soak to see if fault is GPU-Related". What is a "heat soak" exactly? I need to understand the test so I can properly see if it will replicate my findings.

2) If the GFX card is found not faulty according to this test, what exactly could it be. What information should I be looking for that will help resolve this issue? If anyone on this fourm is willing to help, what kind of test should I be conducting?

Thank you very much!

Brisingr14

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
Could you please explain the furmark test? I did something similar with MSI Kombuster and all it did was crash my PC as described in the OP. I take it that's abnormal?