I need help I've never done this before and i'm scared lol

Therealhoneybooboo

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
So I've been gaming for awhile now and I've always wanted to try this pc gaming thing. I asked for some advice on the steam forum about what kind of alienware computer I should buy and they all called me a noob and said that Pc gamers build there own rigs. I've never made a computer before and I have no idea what makes a good computer or a bad one.

I've been saving my money for the last year (I'm 16 years old) By doing various things for people and have managed to save up 800 dollars. I was wondering if you guys could help me chose the parts to make a 800 dollar gaming PC. I'm really really nervous about this by the way because I don't want to mess up and fry the computer wasting a years worth of saved up money :(

I think buying a computer would be much easier but I don't want to be called a noob by various other PC gamers so if you could help me out i'd be very appreciative :)

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
I'm not too sure if I would worry too much about what other nerds on the internet say about you. If your not very knowledable about pcs and nervous about building one, maybe getting one from cyberpowerpc would be a good idea.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Scorpius_8000

You can tweak it a bit to get the price/performance you want.

EDIT: For some reason they got a 350Watt PSU on that one but you can select a bigger PSU.

Therealhoneybooboo

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014

Thanks dude :) This cyberpowerpc thing looks exactly like what i was looking for. What would you recommend i upgarde the PSU To? Oh and I talked to my dad and he said he'd give me an extra 100 dollars Because I saved up all this money on my own So What should i spend the extra 100 dollars on in terms of this build?

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
get a 500W-650W PSU.

Spend the extra $100 on a better graphics card.

They may charge for shipping I'm not sure so you may have to save a little for that.

EDIT: I think you can get the r9 280 for an extra $50 dollars. That might be your best bet.