Looking for approval for my gaming build

Deralinoux

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
Hey guys !
I've finally put together all the elements for my future gaming rig, looking to start shopping for them this weekend to have them shipped next week :) I've already asked multiple times about separate parts, but I'm still looking to get an ultimate look from more experienced and knowledgeable (and obviously nice, strong and beautiful as well) people on the finished product !
Here it is !
As you can see, goal is to run most games at 4k in high to max settings, or 2560x1440 for the most demanding. I was a bit worried about the heat generated by a double r9 290x, for I only have a CPU cooler, but from what I know my case has got an excellent airflow, so I think I'll try it that way. If it still proves too hot or I decide to add a third GPU in the future, I may very well go all-in and put a few hundreds in a complete watercooling set, but in the mean-time, it'll have to work that way ! Estimated wattage is around 870W, and my PSU is set for 1000, so I couldn't really get any additional fans (most I saw for VGAs requiring around 300W), and I figure it ought to hold well (over 100W of spare room is enough, right ?)
So, whaddya think ? I'm open to any comments and suggestions regarding a particular part or the whole thing ! Thank you for your answers !

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Power supply is junk , needs to be switched.

Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

A-TOP Technology
Apevia
APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Aspire(Turbo Case)
ATADC
Athena Power
ATRIX
Broadway Com Corp
Coolmax
Deer
Diablotek
Dynapower USA
Dynex
EagleTech
FOXCONN
FSP Everest
HEC Orion
Hiper Type-R
Huntkey
I-Star Computer Co. Ltd
In Win
JPAC COMPUTER
Just PC
Kingwin Inc.
Linkworld Electronics
Logisys Computer
MGE
MSI
NMEDIAPC
Norwood Micro/ CompUSA
NorthQ
NZXT
Okia
Powmax
Q-Tec
Raidmax
Rocketfish
Rosewill
SFC
Shuttle
Skyhawk
Spire Coolers
Star Micro
STARTECH
Thermaltake Purepower NP
Thermaltake Purepower RU
Thermaltake TR2 (and TR2-RX)
TOPOWER TOP
Ultra X-Connect
Ultra X2 >greater than 700 watt
Ultra LSP
Wintech
XION :bounce:
YoungYear
Zebronics

Deralinoux

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks ! I think I did something wrong with my filters when browsing Newegg for one, but this XION seemed to have good enough reviews ^_^ I'll change it, thanks for the link and the tip !
Thank you as well for recommending another optical drive, but I do need a Blu-Ray one ^_^