Small bug went inside computer monitor -- is it dangerous?

vaconcamp

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
So I was playing in a relatively dark room when I noticed a dot on the outside of my screen and when I turned the lights on it was a small bug. Then it crawled in between the frame and the screen and went inside the monitor. It's been a couple hours and I can't see it but I know it's still inside.

My question is: could a small bug cause damage to the monitor? I have no idea what the inside of a monitor looks like but if anything is exposed could it short it out or something?

USAFRet

Titan
This is inside the monitor? No, it can't short anything out. Any voltage in there would quick fry him to a crackly crunch long before anything shorted out.

But once inside the monitor, it is unlikely he will crawl out. I had this recently. Very annoying.
If you want it dead...wait until he is very near the edge or bottom, then push on the screen hard enough to kill it. Why the side or bottom? Less visible.

I did it while he was kind of in the middle, and now I have a permanent teeny black spot inside.

vaconcamp

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

I think I should have specified that he actually went inside the monitor, not inside the LCD screen. So it's not like I can see him walking around, he's inside the case of the monitor somewhere.

USAFRet

Titan

Thats how they start...just going into the monitor. My guy eventually migrated behind the screen and you could see him walking around.
Who knows how long he was actually in there before he got behind the actual panel.