Monitor won't connect to Computer(s)

llllh

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
Hey first of all, thank you for reading this, I appreciate it. Second, sorry if I put it in the wrong category it felt like the right one.

Anyways, so my monitor pretty much wasn't able to connect to one of my computers and thus wen't to "sleep". At first I wasn't to fussed and thought i'd switch the computer itself and bring out another one, and you guys could imagine the same issue is what I recieved. I thought it might of been dust as both computers were giving me the same issue and I cleaned it all out but still the issue remained. Because of this I started to believe the screen or the HDMI cable might be the issue.

However, as I failed to find another wire to replace the one I currently used, I thought I'd try connected my PS3 to the Monitor and BAM! The mointor was working all of a sudden.

So I was wondering if I could get your guys help, why is my monitor not being able to connect to both of my computers but connected to my PS3. I would also like to say that both of computers are sweet machines and aren't "trash".

Thank you for reading!

solkeher

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
So you moved your computers? I am assuming they are desktop PC's it could be that the video card or power cord got loose.

But try this: shut down one of your PC's, shut down the monitor, and unplug the power cord. Plug the power card back in. Turn your monitor on, then plug your PC into the monitor, and finally turn the PC on.

llllh

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
WOW! Thank you it worked!!!! :D :D :D :D

But now I am curious, what was causing the error?

Thank you so much!!

solkeher

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

Sometimes when you have your PC on and you try to plug it into a monitor it doesn't work. You have to plug the peripherals (mouse, keyboard, monitor) when your PC is off, then turn it on so that it sends the signal.

TRENDING THREADS