Can I get good fps with a MSI Radeon R7 260X

Ziloz

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
Well, I have an Intel Core i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz and 6 GB of ram. What would be the best / cheap graphics card for gaming? Like good FPS and such? I'm thinking at about $90 - $150. I'm just looking for a better one for Minecraft! and I really want to buy DayZ, but I want to get a graphics card that will run it well. Could you point me in the right direction?

Fananagram

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I would personally recommend an EVGA 750 Ti SuperClocked if you are not sure you have a lot of space in your case or have the power requirements. This card doesn't need any 6-pin connectors or much space.

If you have the space and 6-pin connector I'd recommend spending $10 more for the 750 Ti FTW edition. Very easy to overclock as well and a good card to get your feet wet into the overclocking scene and see if it's something you're interested in.

The reason for recommending the 750 Ti over the R7 260X is I have a lot of experience with the 750 Ti. It has very very good OpenGL performance (what Minecraft uses) which was the reason for picking it for my personal Small Form Factor Linux Build.

Hope this helps.