Virtual Museums? Experiences based in computer graphics?

Hey all, I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to. I've been searching for years for some programs that use computer graphics to re-create environments but aren't exactly games, because there's no point to running the program other than experiencing a digital environment. I was thinking something along the lines of a program that lets you feel like you're walking along the beach in first-person, or taking a tour of a real-life museum re-created in computer graphics, or an art gallery that you can walk through and browse...does anyone know of anything like these?

The closest thing I've ever seen to something like this, aside from the 360 panorama photos you can find online, is a program called "the Graveyard" by the company Tale of Tales. It's like a computer game, except all you do is control an old lady that walks around a cemetery thinking thoughts to herself. If you haven't given it a try, I recommend it, there's a free version here:

http://tale-of-tales.com/TheGraveyard/

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this stuff! I would pay good money for awesome virtual reality tourism!
1 answer Last reply
More about virtual museums experiences based computer graphics
  1. Try Google Earth. Not trolling or joking whatsoever. But I've actually played around Google Earth, you can click on the street view. I'm not sure if that's the kind of virtual reality tourism you speak of.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Computers Graphics