Is my PC good?

akotro

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
So I am looking to buy a used PC on ebay because I cannot afford a brand new one that good enough quality to play all new games. When looking for a PC I look for something that has 8gbRAm, i5 3.0GHz cpu & 2gb graphics. I saw this on ebay it appears to have been made 2011 but it seems like it is a good PC its cpu looks god but its a server cpu
btw it is not a custom build it is a DELL. Is it good? Thanks

DELL PRECISION T3500 TOWER PC

Intel Hex Core Xeon W3670 3.20GHz
12gbRAM
Nvidia QUADRO 400 graphics card (2gb)
and Motherboard unknown

mgolus

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

While that is true, you can still game on a good high-end modern Quadro GPU. The drivers just are tuned more for workstation type applications vs gaming.

That being said, the Quadro 400 you specify is a much older card from around 2009 and will be incapable of playing pretty much any modern game.

Accroding to Wikipedia though, the Quadro 400 only came with 512 MB or RAM. You mention that it has 2GB. The Quadro 4000 has 2GB or video RAM and according to Passmark is comparible in speed to about a GTX 550 Ti. (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html)

A Quadro 4000 would be able to run most modern games at low to medium settigns.

Not good.
Graphics is the most important part for gaming.
Vram is not an important performance factor.

Few games can use more than 2 co-3 cores, so a hex core is not that useful.
games can rarely use more than 2-3gb of ram so 12gb is not that helpful.
A PC on ebay complete can be a good deal if you like the complete package and it is a used unit from a seller with good feedback/
I usually recommend that one with a complete pc part it out and sell the parts separately.

akotro

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

Ye i haven't bought it but it auctioning at $260 with 18 hours left. Too bad but thanks for you answer :)