GIGABYTE GV-R929OC-4GD Radeon R9 290 Not Showing Any Display...

Creel256

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
I've just build a new computer and cannot for the life of me get the graphics card to display anything. I've tried connecting two 6pin + 2 connectors to the graphics card and at the other end the 8 pin connector straight to the power supply. I've tried connecting the 6 pin connector and 8 pin connectors as well that have the two modular pieces on the other end of each cable that came with the graphics card. I've tried connecting the modular connections to multiple different other connections. I've tried connecting the HDMI cable from the graphics card to the TV and bought a DVI connector to HDMI and tried both DVI ports multiple different times. I've even tried another PCI-E slot to make sure it wasn't a faulty slot. I can't even see the BIOS screen or anything. It's just an entirely black blank screen. Everything is plugged in and is powered on. The liquid cooling is on, all of the fans are on, the graphics card is on or at least the fans are. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas or suggestions?! Here's my setup.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 9 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 990FX Chipset, 2000MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, RAID, 7.1-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, SuperSpeed USB 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI Ready

RAM: 16GB Total....Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB Desktop Memory Module - DDR3, 1600MHz, PC3-12800, CL 11, 1.5V - PX38G1600C11

CPU: AMD FX-9590 Eight-Core 5.0Ghz Processor - 16MB Cache, 1866 Max DDR3 - Socket AM3+ - Unlocked - FD9590FHHKWOF

PSU: Corsair RM Series 850 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply - CP-9020056-NA RM850

LIquid Cooling: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 280mm

Housing: CM Storm Stryker - White Full Tower Gaming Computer Case with Handle and External 2.5" Drive Dock

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - 2.5" Form Factor, SATA III 6 Gb/s, Up To 540 MB/s Read Speed, Up To 520 MB/s Write Speed, 7mm Thickness, Samsung 3-core MEX Controller - MZ-7TE250BW

Creel256

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

I tried almost all of those steps except for the breath motherboard thing where you take the motherboard out and insulate it more to make sure it isn't grounding out. I did try using only one stick of RAM and swapping them out in case one of those are bad and still nothing. I do, however, have the speaker pin plugged in and it isn't beeping or anything indicating any kind of errors. I've tried reversing the pin in case I had it in backwards and it still isn't beeping so, again, I don't know what the issue is. I tried taking out the reset switch pin and that didn't do anything. I've tried it all! I don't know what to do but thanks for the link!

Creel256

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

Maybe it is DOA. I have no idea. The fans for sure spin up every time I power on my computer though. I don't know what's going on with this thing. I do, however, have the speaker pin plugged in and it isn't beeping or anything indicating any kind of errors. I've tried reversing the pin in case I had it in backwards and it still isn't beeping so, again, I don't know what the issue is.

Creel256

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

I hope that isn't the case. I hate having to RMA stuff haha. If you think of any other things to try do let me know. I'll end up RMA'ing it in the next couple of days once I try my old graphics card and see if that will work to make sure it is just that graphics card. Thanks for your help.