Make this build cheaper

Solution
First, what do you mean by 'big graphics'? What resolution monitor do you have as this is the key factor.

I'll go through your component choices and will give you my opinions and suggestions but please understand that I am in the UK and prices may differ, but as I'll give a reason (and a link if I can), maybe you can learn something and make a better choice that suits you.

CPU
- If you really need the K version then get the newer Haswell refresh i5-4690K. It should be about the same price and even though it is clocked only slightly faster, it performs much better, especially once overclocked as the Haswell refreshes have a better thermal compound inside.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2014/07/03/intel-core-i5-4690k-review/1
- If you...
That's $1100 plus peripherals and OS.

Try Tom's - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/enthusiast-pc-under-1300,3856.html

or

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($194.00 @ CPL Online)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($138.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($99.00 @ PLE Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($399.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.00 @ CPL Online)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($99.00 @ PLE Computers)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($64.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $1116.00

or

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($187.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($75.60 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($319.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1030.43

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
First, what do you mean by 'big graphics'? What resolution monitor do you have as this is the key factor.

I'll go through your component choices and will give you my opinions and suggestions but please understand that I am in the UK and prices may differ, but as I'll give a reason (and a link if I can), maybe you can learn something and make a better choice that suits you.

CPU
- If you really need the K version then get the newer Haswell refresh i5-4690K. It should be about the same price and even though it is clocked only slightly faster, it performs much better, especially once overclocked as the Haswell refreshes have a better thermal compound inside.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2014/07/03/intel-core-i5-4690k-review/1
- If you don't NEED a 'K' version (in other words you don't NEED to overclock it), go for the cheapest i5 available to you.
- A third option to really bring down prices is to get the brand new and unlocked Pentium G3258. Read the review, it's worth it.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2014/06/24/intel-pentium-g3258-review/1

Cooler
- Check out the SilverStone Argon AR01, I personally have one and it is very good, silent and cheap.
- Forget the thermal paste as a retail CPU cooler will come with pre-applied paste already on it.

Motherboard
- A very good choice apart from that the Z97 boards are now coming out and so they are worth getting instead. Cheaper and perform better with new features.

RAM
- Corsair is a good choice but you are best off getting the fastest and cheapest RAM you can rather than getting more expensive RAM of a slower speed.

HDD
- Word of advice... If you can, forget the HDD. Every penny you save, put towards getting a cheap SSD. It's worth it, my choice is a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB but Crucial do very good SSD's that are cheaper (the Samsungs come with great software though).
- If you really need an HDD, forget Seagate and get a Western Digital or Hitatchi drive. Check online reliability charts to see why.

GPU
- A good choice but without knowing the res of the monitor you are using it is hard to judge. For 1680x1050 a 750Ti is good enough (I know because I have one) For 1920x1080 a GTX760 is great... There are also AMD cards to but I mention those to give you an understanding and as you mentioned nVidia I stuck with it. Personally I would go for an ASUS GTX760 DirectCUII (standard, not pre overclocked as you can do that yourself without paying extra) but then I like ASUS but I know the MSI cards are good too.

Case
I'd recommend the Fractal Design Arc Midi Rev II... It's cheap, It's awesome and I have one. :)

PSU
- Seems fine to me, you have more than enough power there even for a future SLi upgrade.

OS - Mouse+Keyboard - Opitical Drive
You don't have much option on the OS unless you want to try Linux. The Optical Drive doesn't really matter, they are all pretty much the same these days and the other stuff is personal choice.

Speakers
- Personal choice here again, just ask yourself do you really need them? Maybe get a cheap 2.1 set $40-$50 and see what you think?

Good luck with your build and have fun. Just remember that if you build it yourself DON'T PLUG IT IN WHILE THE CASE IS OPEN!!

Solution