multi-monitor display mode not working in Display Properties

The_Sherman8r

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
I today was getting on startup Error Code beeps after removing and cleaning the video card and CPU (didn't remove CPU fan). I ended getting the codes to stop and windows to load. But unfourtunately my normal display mode had changed. I have a DVI monitor, and an HDTV. Both used to be able to be set with invdividual resolutions. unable to correct this myself. PLEASE ANY HELP?

The_Sherman8r

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
yeah of course, otherwise that would separate the CPU from the thermal plate. I know the CPU isn't the problem at all...I am unaware but since I removed the Video card and cleaned it, it has had some weird issues. My display properties doesn't allow me to choose individual monitor settings any longer, like extending the desktop to another other than primary, both with different resolutions. Also on my 1080i monitor, the screens text image jitters up and down, making reading text and watching anything super annoying.
I'm running Win XP, with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti....I'm currently downloading drivers to reinstall and see if my displays start working right.Any further help please?????

I asked " How did you clean the cpu without removing its cooler?"
You said "yeah of course, otherwise that would separate the CPU from the thermal plate"

So did you remove the cpu too? Or just the cooler? Did you put new thermal paste back on and reconnect the cpu fan?

You said "I removed the Video card and cleaned it" How did you clean it?

Did you put the cable back in the same graphics card port? Is the cable joined securely?