Buzzing RCA splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguanadon

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
I'm running a DAC into two amps and each amp into a separate set of speakers. It sounds almost perfect but I feel the RCA splitter might be letting the system down. The only one I could get was a US Audio (I think) brand. Never heard of them, wasn't impressed. At first only the left speaker from one amp buzzed (in the ribbon), now both of them are doing it. It's like a sizzling buzz. It's not hum or hiss, but a simmering, quite cool-sounding buzz.

I'm concerned the splitter is not giving me a neutral signal and it might fail and do amazingly bad things to my system.
Would appreciate some advice please.
As far as I can tell, the amps and speakers are fine. The ribbons are SB Acoustics large format style and the buzzing doesn't occur in the ring radiators of my other speakers.

The only thing I've changed is the Y Splitter. Also one of the RCA females on the splitter had a loose centre pole. I wouldn't normally use something like that, but where I live beggars can't be choosers and these leads seem very hard to come by on the web.
Again, any considered advice appreciated.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Could be the splitters are poorly shielded,the only answer is to get a new one or if that is difficult buy some good quality RCA plugs and some good audio coax and make your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.