Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair Carbide 500R White

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

rapiergv

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hey guys!

Almost done with my build, I just need to select a case and I'm really having a hard time deciding between the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and Corsair Carbide 500R White.

I personally like the aspect of the 500R White much more, but my main concerns with it are the lack of a dust filter for the side fan and how many watercooling options there are available for it.
If for the dust filter I've found places where I can order a Demciflex one that covers the side fan (hopefully it ships to my country), I do want to keep my options open for watercooling in the future, so I want to be sure the case can support it.

On the other hand, the Arc R2 has been praised for the watercooling support and general performances.

How do the two compare, performance-wise? I'm talking airflow, wire management, quality of components, watercooling options, features, etc.

Thanks!

rapiergv

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
I'm interested in good airflow and as much dust protection as possible (the space the PC is in gets dusty really fast)

rapiergv

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Another question, I have been advised that due to the small size of the Arc Midi R2 and the big graphics card I want to stick in (Sapphire Radeon R9 290 OC Tri-X 4GB DDR5 512-bit), if I want to do OC I would be limited to an 180mm cooler. Is this an issue?