Solved

Black bar on my second monitor

I have a FPD1830 old gateway monitor and i have recently re-installed windows (because of a problem i shouldn't dabble on) and ever since i haven't been able to get rid of this black bar. I have had this problem before and i have fixed it with NVIDIA control panel but this hasn't gone away when i tried to use that. I have also updated to the most recent drivers for my gtx 660. I dont know what else to do at this point. Does anyone have any ideas for what i should do?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about black bar monitor
  1. the monitor user manual from page 6 and uppper for all the screen settings http://www.manualslib.com/products/Gateway-Fpd1830-3057629.html
  2. I have done all these things. :(
  3. Can you tell me a little bit more about this black bar? Like size or where it's located? If possible, take a photo of it and upload it.
  4. imgur.com/UYW5TPr This is a picture of it. (sorry for the blurry picture).
  5. Have you tried adjusting the image in the NIVIDA panel under Adjust desktop size and position?
  6. The Builder said:
    Have you tried adjusting the image in the NIVIDA panel under Adjust desktop size and position?

Yeah it doesnt. It just adapts it around the black bar instead of getting rid of the black bar.
  7. Best answer
    And you've tried adjusting the image using the controls on your monitor? And have you tried swapping VGA cables?
  8. The Builder said:
    And you've tried adjusting the image using the controls on your monitor? And have you tried swapping VGA cables?

I'll try that
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Graphics Monitors Gateway