Desktop Build Opinion

I like to call myself a long-term planner, because probably in about Winter or so I may be building a desktop. So, I just have a few questions and you guys seem smart and nice so I came here. My budget is under $1000 with tax and I think I have it planned out well. Here are the components I plan to buy:

Case: http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Guardian-Tower-Black-921RB-001-BL/dp/B004351H9G/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1404954332&sr=1-2
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
Processor: i7 4th Gen 4770
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti

In my laptop, I would like to use the hard drive that is in it. It is SATA 2. I have 8GB RAM in my laptop I would also prefer to bring over. I guess my true question is would this all work out? I know that the GPU and processor are compatible with the motherboard, but one thing I do not know is if the board will fit in the case. Furthermore, do I need to buy a separate cooling system, or is that part of the case or motherboard? How do I know what type of power cable to buy for the entire computer?

Sorry if I sound kind of dumb to you guys. One last thing: what precautions should I take when putting it together? Do I need to, for example, wear rubber gloves or use a grounding cable instead? Again, I am in no rush. Thanks! :)

Okay, thanks for that suggestion! One more question, though. How come the motherboard shows that USB ports are part of it, and the desktop case you recommend also shows USB ports on Amazon. Which is it really? Also, are fans needed to be bought separately? Thx!

Also, what about a power supply? How do I go about that?