New PC for Gaming & College (Looking for some feedback)

Tiiberiius

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Going to be building a new PC, and I was hoping that someone could just look it over and tell me what you think. I will mostly be using this computer for school work, and high end games whenever I have free time. I already have my mind set on a desktop, and one that is somewhat portable. I already have an iPad for taking notes, and doing stuff on the go so a laptop is out of the question. Like I said I'm just looking for something that can do work and play the latest and greatest games. I'd love to hear some opinions. Thanks

PC Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card

Case: BitFenix Phenom M Midnight Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

*Also I was wondering if anyone knew if the Corsair H100i (A 240mm radiator) would fit in the case I have selected. If not I can always replace it with a Corsair H60 or something like that. Thanks

watafak

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
well i am not sure about the h100i, think about it as 2x120mm FANS together. Would that fit. Rig is a beast.
"School-work" if you know what i mean :p

Tiiberiius

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

I'm not sure if the h100i will fit. I will have to do a bit more research, but yea "School-work" lol. It will be used for school, but it is just another excuse to also get a very good gaming rig :)