gaming build [i5 4690 and gtx 760]

Ratamir

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hey guys, im building a new pc for the second time in my life.
Think ive done about most of my research, now i need opinions and little details that i might have missed.

Before starting i wanna make this clear: I AM NOT INTERESTED in overclocking and sli/crossfire..

The listed components are mostly the max i can afford give or take some overall 100$. I rarely do video editing and i multitask a lot, I always have a game, a browser with youtube rocking on the background with other 15 tabs , also skype is running 90% of time. I know that i7 would be better for that, but i think only 3770 can fit in my budget and i want a 4th gen CPU (i7 4770 is too expensive at my place).

So my build will be:

-i5 4690 (K version is for OC-ing which i dont need, but 4690K its also a devils canyon, is it worth it?)
-gtx 760 2gb with air cooler not blower (name a brand if it has some advantage)
-Asus H87 - PLUS (ATX)
-2x 4gb Kingston HyperX 1600

So, my questions are:

1. Are all the components going to work with each other on max? any bottlenecks?(keep in mind im somewhat on budget so i cant afford i7 or anything more expensive than gtx 760)
2. Should i buy a case with a built-in fan in the front and install a fan in the back of the case which will blow the air out?
3. Cant decide what type of monitor to choose: IPS or TN. TN is faster with low response time and input lag, IPS has better colors but is slower. ( around 150$)
4. for the mobo chipset: H vs Z, 81 vs 87 vs 97

Alex_Cboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I'd not say that it would work on max but it will be faster than what it now is if you buy and install a SSD (Solid State Drive) Buy a 120GB and install windows on it. Anything else should be installed in the 1TB drive.

Ratamir

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
As i know SSD decreases loading time and does not affect gameplay itself, so this may sound stupid but if i install my game on HDD and have Windows on SSD, doesnt it speed up Windows only?

@Suztera I use AMD (Armenian Dram) and lets say im keeping an eye on Amazon prices, but it is only recently that they added shipping support to Armenia and 90% of products dont ship here yet.

Looks like choices are limited.
For the GTX 760, technically any brand will be fine as long it has a non-reference cooler.
For power supply, see if you can find XFX, Seasonic, Corsair power supplies. 550W should be enough.

Ratamir

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
I am reading about CPUs right now and found out that i really never gave a thought about Intel Xeon processors. As i understand intel xeon e3-1240 v3 is almost the same i7 4770 with no integrated graphics (which is useless if u have a good gpu anyways). Any thoughts? is there a i5 4690 equivalent in Xeon series pricewise?