CPU and GPU combo comparison.

G

i5 4590 + GTX 760
AMD FX-8350 + R9 280x

I will be playing games at 1080p 60Hz and I don't really care about maxing out games.I'm fine with High settings and stable 60 FPS.
Will older games like CS:1.6,CS:S and CS:GO run better on the i5?
The AMD combo is about 20$ more where I live.The R9 280x performs better than the GTX 760,but I'm not sure about the FX 8350.Will it bottleneck the R9 280x?
The only games I care about are Assassin's Creed(1-latest),Bioshock(1-Infinite),Mass Effect(1-3),GTA(IV-V),Battlefield 4,the above mentioned Counter Strike games and maybe some platform games such as Trine 1&2.
I also use Virtual Dub to convert .tga files into a .avi file and then Sony Vegas to edit and render the file.

What would suffice my needs better?

Adroid

Distinguished
If you don't need to max it out, go for the i5 system. I think the above systems will trade blows; some games faster on each. If the Intel combo is cheaper, I would go for that hands down.

The older games will run at max settings with no problems on both systems. Both will play the new games at medium/high settings. You can't really go wrong with either but I would go for the i5 because it's a bit faster and will be better in a few years when you go to upgrade the graphics card.

Cozzmy13

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
That 8350 won't bottleneck the 280x, you will be just fine.If you go with the 8350 combo take care what PSU you get because this CPU eats a lot.