Tom'sHardware Forum- Reviews and comment.

Rob Zangaro

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
The websites does not offer assistance to contact any moderator, or whoever is in charge in the forum, or if it does is not clear or easy to spot.

My thread in the sale section was deleted without a reason, and without a message to warn me of the deletion.

I'd like to remove my account from this website and I want to make sure that all my information WILL be deleted permanently from your databases!

PM me with the details on how I can forward this request.

Thank you.

Unsatisfied customer.

Solution
How can I be sure that all my information will be deleted from Tom's Hardware/Purch.com/Whatever other company owns this Database permanently once I unsubscribe from the Forum? Do I have to send a legal notice to your office to do so?

The short answer is, you cannot. See our Privacy Notice, which is fairly identical to all other Privacy Notices on the internet right now.
http://www.tomshardware.com/privacy.html

Specifically: By visiting our Web sites and by registering for forums you consent to the collection and use of information in the manner herein described.

However, we endeavor to respect the wishes of our users, whether or not they remain users - so we do remove your info upon unsubscribe. No reason to keep it...

Austin R

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Or you can log off and never come back?
Unsatisfied customer? This is a forum not a business.

Try www.ebay.com or www.amazon.com to sell your stuff.

I am pretty sure there was a reason why it was deleted, go read the rules for that section.

At the bottom of the list of threads for each area there is a list of all moderators in that area. We also have the Forum Feedback section, which I've moved this post to.

We tend to police the Deals area with zero tolerance, because money passes hands, attracting scammers. If your thread isn't perfectly in compliance with the Deals rules (yours wasn't), we'll tend to delete the thread (which triggers an automated email) and send a PM explaining it. Depends on which mod, though.

There's an Unsubscribe option on the bottom of the Account Settings page.

Rob Zangaro

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
I did not received any Automated message regarding the deletion of the post, I understand the severe policies.
Unsubscribing from this website will permanently delete all my information from the database?
I'd like to have the possibility to contact the Administrator to forward a formal request of deletion of all my information from the Tom's hardware database.

Austin R, all the sensible information that Tom's Hardware can use now or in future to forward me their promotional ads, or sell them if they change their policies without notifying the users since we already agreed.

Austin R

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
unsubscribe makes it so they will not contact you via email so that eliminates your concern with the promotional ads. Most sites have to keep your username+password on file for a certain amount of time etc not sure how this site works. But I would look into getting a pacifier first.

Rob Zangaro

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
lol I wont tell you where you should use the pacifier to not break Forum rules, but I'll let you imagine.
If you have to reply with useless information, please refrain to do so, if you do not know the information or are not sure about them, or just like to offend other users than just don't reply, I believe this is also in the forum policies. You are more than welcome to go spending your free time elsewhere, I prefer to be more concrete.

Rob Zangaro

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
Which is super cool, good, y'all agree on the rules,ok. As I stated already, I understand the severe policies, and I'm not complying on those, I apologize if I misused the community, I didn't read the rules before posting, so I admit my fault in the use of the Forum and accept the consequences which is the deletion of my thread . -But at this point let me tell you, you are not E-bay, and you cannot offer the same guarantee for the seller and the buyer during the transactions.-

What is seems you are avoiding answering is my real questions: How can I be sure that all my information will be deleted from Tom's Hardware/Purch.com/Whatever other company owns this Database permanently once I unsubscribe from the Forum? Do I have to send a legal notice to your office to do so?

Please let me know by PM.

Thank you.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
How can I be sure that all my information will be deleted from Tom's Hardware/Purch.com/Whatever other company owns this Database permanently once I unsubscribe from the Forum? Do I have to send a legal notice to your office to do so?

The short answer is, you cannot. See our Privacy Notice, which is fairly identical to all other Privacy Notices on the internet right now.
http://www.tomshardware.com/privacy.html

Specifically: By visiting our Web sites and by registering for forums you consent to the collection and use of information in the manner herein described.

However, we endeavor to respect the wishes of our users, whether or not they remain users - so we do remove your info upon unsubscribe. No reason to keep it, really. The only exception to this would be the rare case where a registered user has been involved in something that required we alert authorities, in which case we have an obligation to provide information to law enforcement.

-JP

Solution