RAM issues in New PC

12mahoza

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
Hi there, I recently built a new Gaming PC. This is the 1st time I have ever built a PC.The issue is quite strange because it makes no sense. Before I begin explaining, here are my spec:
CPU:i7 4790

GPU:MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G

Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty H97 Killer

RAM: 2×8 GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 RAM

PSU:Antec High Current Gamer 850m 850 watt

SSD: Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM 64 mb cache

ODD: LG GH24NSBO

Case: Zalman Z11 plus

OK, now that you guys have an idea of what my PC is, let's begin.

When starting up the PC with both sticks of RAM in slots 1 and 3, the PC does not boot but continues to attempt to boot.

When starting the PC with both sticks of RAM in slots 2 and 4, same thing again.

When starting the PC with only 1 stick of RAM (either 1) slot 1, it works perfectly, I actually installed windows 8.1 64 bit in this state.

When you place only one of the sticks in any other DIMM slot, the PC has the same original issue.

Here is where the strangeness steps in.

I removed both sticks of RAM and placed them in another PC and that PC worked perfectly(My Dads camera PC at his office)

I then took the 2 4GB sticks from the Camera PC and popped them in my new PC. Under all the circumstances above, the PC booted perfectly.

I have no idea what's going on here. I also reset the CMOS as well as unplugged everything from the PSU except the motherboard and CPU and the RAM in case it was the power and tested it. That didn't help either.
Please help me
Thanks
Zayd