3 Monitor Setup - Same resolution but different brands.

etherjez

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
Hello,
I was wondering whether it would be possible to buy 3 different branded screens, and use AMD eyefinity across them all without any issues.
They would all be 23" and 1920x1080.
Thanks
Jez

Calvin3200

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
You'll regret that decision as soon as you hook it up.

All monitors have slight differences, even newer versions of existing models.

Personally I game at 6040x1080 - 3 screens. I started out with 1 monitor (as most do) and added 2 more of the same screen that I already had...

Problem was, there was a small update and the original screen I had was no longer being produced and the model added one letter - that's how similar the 2 were.

Hooked them up, and the 1 was just a bit more red (not noticible otherwise) than the other 2.

If you have 3 different monitors, you will have 3 different appearances. And the only way to avoid that is to have 3 of the EXACT SAME monitors.

I had to go out and buy a 4th to replace my original so it would look good.

You do not want to mix/match your screens.

Will it work? yes. Would anyone recommend that who knows what they're talking about? no.

etherjez

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

Thanks for the detailed response.
My problem is, I have bought a screen on eBay, and its a discontinued model. I was pretty intent on buying it as it was one of only a few recommended models I could use with AMD's HD3D software, and it was going for a good price.
I might just keep checking and look to see if I can get 2 more of this monitor, but the fact its discontinued means I can only get 2nd hand now.
Shame AMD haven't released a newer list of recommended screens.
Jez