Forum Signature and Computer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent47sa

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
How should i put my PC specs in Signature. What should be the format. I am using a Lenovo Y50 UHD 59421859.http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-uhd/?sb=:000001C9:0001225D:
I'll be able to understand better if you show me a signature for my own laptop otherwise I don't understand what most of this means:

i7-4770k | CLP-0556 | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | 2x8GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 780 | Seasonic M12II 850W | Corsair 200R | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Seagate 4TB | Win7 Ult x64 | Seiki SE39UY04

2) What is computer setup as shown in the "Personal Information" panel on this site? What am I supposed to write there?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Solution
the "computer setup" shown in the "personal information" panel will show up when users hover over your avatar image. if you want you can hover over my avatar and see my system for reference.

if you have your build already in personal information, you really do not need it in your signature (although its completely your choice if you still want it there or not). if they do not have a pc build in their signature typically people either have quotes, a speedtest.net connection image or a signature image such as what i have.

typically builds listed in signatures are for desktops not laptops.

what does it mean?

i7-4770k (this is your processor or pc brains) | CLP-0556 (this is the processor cooler) | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 (this is your...
the "computer setup" shown in the "personal information" panel will show up when users hover over your avatar image. if you want you can hover over my avatar and see my system for reference.

if you have your build already in personal information, you really do not need it in your signature (although its completely your choice if you still want it there or not). if they do not have a pc build in their signature typically people either have quotes, a speedtest.net connection image or a signature image such as what i have.

typically builds listed in signatures are for desktops not laptops.

what does it mean?

i7-4770k (this is your processor or pc brains) | CLP-0556 (this is the processor cooler) | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 (this is your motherboard or the main board which everything plugs into) | 2x8GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz (this is your ram memory, which stores information temporarily for windows and programs) | 2x Zotac GTX 780 (these are graphics cards which render the display for your monitor. the 2x indicates he has two in sli) | Seasonic M12II 850W (this is the power supply for the computer) | Corsair 200R (this is the computer case) | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (this is a hard drive for the computer which acts as long term storage) | Seagate 4TB (this is another hard drive) | Win7 Ult x64 (this is the operating system running on the system, in this case windows 7) | Seiki SE39UY04 (this is the monitor being used)

how would i put your system?

well, generally since its a laptop i wouldnt make mention of it... but if you really want to then the below

Lenovo Y50 UHD Laptop | i7-4710HQ | GTX-860M | 16GB DDR3 | 1TB SSHD | Windows 8 | 3840x2160 UHD Display

its not worth mentioning the other components since its a laptop.

Solution

agent47sa

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
TYVM. i thought it was complicated than that.

you need to host it on a site such as tinypic or postimg (or other site) and link to the direct url using img tags.

for example,

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EynfeDY.gif[/img]

gives you,

EynfeDY.gif

please make sure that you are not oversized... we allow 75x400 in size (30,000 square pixels). while best if you keep to our preferred size, it has not been a big issue thus far if you say make it 100x300 instead (since that is 30,000sqpx also). we ask that you keep it horizontal though and keep the file size to a reasonable amount.

also, i noticed that image you linked in your right now has an email address. that is not allowed to protect your own privacy and security. we ask that email addresses only be exchanged via pm instead of posted for everyone so that only those you want emailing you will (instead of a bot or spammer getting ahold of it)

Nightglaze

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015

I saw your message and I still don't get it i tried clicking on it and nothing popped up so what do I do? and can I use my msinfo32

Status
Not open for further replies.