Portable, Console sized Gaming PC!

Do You think PC gaming is better than the next gen consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are the same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Luke Field

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Hello,

I already have a pretty good Gaming PC which cost me £750 and runs every game on high/ultra settings at playable frame rates. I am coming into around £500 by Christmas hopefully. I am not going to get the XBOX One nor the PS4 as I know I could make another Gaming PC that can outperform them on not only quality and fps but also on price and graphics.

I need your help though, I would like one that would be able to use controllers as well as keyboard and a mouse, play all games on medium-ultra settings with a majority of games on high at 60fps or around 60fps. The budget i'll use to spend on the computer will be around £400 as this is the price of the XBOX One and the PS4 in the U.K. I only need the computer and hardware I don't need windows or any peripherals.

Here's what I thought of but there are going to be a ton of new releases of new parts by Christmas anyway so this would probably be outdated as such by then.

CPU - AMD FX 6300 6 core or Intel I3 or at a push an I5
GPU - Nvidea GTX 750ti or GTX 660
HDD - 500GB - 1TB
PSU - 450 Watt
Case- Small case that would be easily portable and could fit bedsides a TV or inside a cabinet, and is also nice to look at.
Motherboard - Any good reliable and cheap motherboard for a processor
RAM - 8GB 2x4GB

I don't know the price for all of these but someone on YouTube said something about $680 which is around £400.

I'll like to hear all of your views on this, and also any games that are good on the PC as I am getting into PC gaming more now. I currently play Skyrim, Battlefield 4, Black Ops 2, Minecraft sometimes, Battlefield 3, Star Wars battlefront, GTA IV, FIFA 14 and need some new games to play which are enjoyable.

aadithya

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
I wouldn't go with the GTX 750ti because it doesn't support SLI, so you can't upgrade later without changing the GPU. The 660 also doesn't perform that well. Either go with a upgraded version or the AMD R9 series.
As for the processor i would recommend the i5-4670 which is a great CPU for gaming.

Luke Field

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I heard that the R9 270 GPU is better than the 750ti card by around 5-10% so a good boost at the same price or maybe just over or even less. I also need a case thats small but can be large if it is easier but can still be portable easily. How much is the i5-4670 CPU as well??

aadithya

Honorable
Aug 25, 2013
The size of the case would depend on the motherboard you choose. Personally i would go with a mid-tower case for optimal cooling. As for the CPU, the i5-4670 will cost you approx. $220