I7 4790 temperature check error?

G

I just get my new custom PC with i7 4790 and I have some trouble with reading the real temperature while rendering/converting. I checked it with Asus Al Suite (I got it for the motherboard), Speccy and HWmonitor. All three shows different things.
Idle temps are the same in the 3 programs (32C with stock cooler) but when I convert, they show completely different things (see picture):
CPU_temps_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I'd be happy if it was just 57C but both Speccy and Hwmonitor says the opposite: 84C. Speccy couldn't read the motherboard temperature so I don't really trust it especially since 4790 should run much cooler like 70-75C! So what is the truth? Which one is right? Why is there a big difference in these programs?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
What's your ambient temperature?

Don't get stuck on HWMonitor, Speccy or a monitoring utility provided by the motherboard manufacturer. You can always trust Core Temp and Real Temp to accurately report Core temperatures.

Also, don't get confused between CPU temperature and Core temperatures. They're not one in the same; they're completely different measurements acquired from different types of sensors using separate methods.

Just so you can clearly understand what you're looking at, you might want to give this a read: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

CT :sol:

G

Thanks for the link and the programs. Seems like Speccy shows the right temps but I don't get why Asus Al suite doesn't, it is for the motherboard -_-
Aren't 83-86C is high while converting? It's the same when ambient is 24C or 31C. I use the stock cooler at tuned full speed and 1 case fan.
Although it's still better than my laptop's i7 720qm which idles at 70C (65C with cooling pad) and goes up to 100C in like 2 minutes when converting/rendering. Besides thermal throtting seems like it renders slower than some years ago (it's slower than 2nd gen laptop i3 with 2 cores), is it possible that it degraded because of high temps during the 4 years of use? Do you think I should get the thermal paste replaced in it or it won't be much better?