Sign in with
Your question

Civ3, I ain´t got all day ya know!

Last response: in Video Games
January 7, 2002 6:19:00 AM

Civ3, lovely game...
Up until recently I played this game on my old system, P2 266 and obviously the game ran slow.

Now I play it on my new AMD 1400 and the game STILL runs slow, wtf!
I can easily go out and make some coffee and be back and it´s still not finished with it´s "thinking".
Is this bad programming or what?
I don´t think that a game like Civ3 should run that slow on such a system!

Enjoy.

More about : civ3 aint day

January 7, 2002 4:37:30 PM

Don't know this game but it's 2D, I beleive.
Still, wy so slow?
How are other 2D games and apps?
Driver issues?
Is the eye candy maxed out?
You must have some setting/s not right! But whitch?
Best of luck.

Danny

Nostradamus: "In the year 2002 naked alien women will descend to earth"
January 7, 2002 6:49:48 PM

Civ II was the same way. It sucks.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 8, 2002 11:57:12 AM

Well, my computer is fast according to Sandra, so I can rule my computer being slow out.

Driver issues, nope...all fresh.

Eyecandy?, eh...there are not that much of eyecandy in the game.

Copy protection? (If you have a cracked copy, the makers of the game can laugh at the poor bastards sitting with the first release without being able to use future patches due to the cracked exe file), well, beats me...

The thing that disturbes me the most is that the game does not run much faster on my new rig. f*ckin´ unbelievable to me.

Enjoy.
January 8, 2002 6:08:20 PM

It's like a chess game where the computer moves 1,000 times in a row, with infinite possibilities. Takes a while to decide what to do.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
January 9, 2002 6:38:49 AM

I can understand that.
But not in Civ3, the AI is not that bright so it shouldn´t take so long time.
Well, it only takes a couple of seconds for the computer to move all it´s units...it´s when all this "moving" is finished it starts to take time for reasons unknown.

Enjoy.
January 9, 2002 4:03:39 PM

I haven't played Civ3 (just 2), but wouldn't it be taking care of it's cities? Deciding what to build, etc.

January 10, 2002 6:22:18 AM

Propably, but...
Really, I don´t think it should take so much time...
The game run fast, it´s when you get to the modern ages things starts to get really slow.
As it is now the game is barely playable, I simply don´t have the patience nor the time to just sit and do nothing while the computer is thinking.

10 FOR A=1 TO 10000 : PRINT "Boredom..." : NEXT A
!