Planning a new build

Ephion

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
This is my current setup http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sieggy/saved/49YQzy

English isn't my language so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes, I'm really trying to explain myself here.

Some time ago I built that myself using parts that I already had and some new parts. That was my first time building a PC so there's a lot to work on! I'm planning on upgrading some things soon and I wanted your advice this time to see if what I have in mind is correct.

- I don't think that I need to change the Mobo/CPU.

- The first thing I want to change is the Case. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but my HAF 922 gets so dusty so quickly, and I really don't like the design. I want to get the NZTX H440 in Black/Red to fit with the Motherboard that I currently have, I really like the design of the H440 but since I've read that it's a really hot case the second thing I'm planning to buy is cooling.

- I'm working right now with the stock CPU cooler (and stock case fans!) and it seems to do it's job very well (though I haven't forced it too much) but since I've read that the H440 is really hot I was planning on buying the Corsair H105 alongside some Corsair Air Series fans but since this will be my first time buying and installing fans and cooling I'm full with questions like "Bigger diameter = better fan?", "Where should I put Airflow fans vs Static Pressure fans?" and "How do I know if this is an Intake or an Exhaust?" (Also, you need to apply Thermal Compound with the Corsair H105?)

Once I have my components protected from heat I'm planning on:

- Getting 16GB RAM. This time 1600mhz and color fitting (Black/Red)

- Getting two new GPU to SLI/Crossfire them.

- Getting a Modular PSU that can support the above.

Any input that can help me is appreciated, if there is something I'm missing here that you think I need please let me know!

Thanks.

DroneDroneDrone

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Ok. Yes, you are fine with keeping the MOBO and the CPU. Don't know much about the NZXT h440, but I do know that it doesn't have an optical drive bay meaning you cannot put an optical drive to read/write CDs/DVDs. Here's tutorial on this site on how to get the best airflow out of the h440 : http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2137246/airflow-nzxt-h440.html
Also, don't know what this build will be used for, but you do not need 16gb of RAM unless your doing heavy graphical work. SLI > CF. Modular PSU is good, and should help with cable management/better airflow