EVGA GTX 770 (Problems with the 6 - 8 pin connector) (URGENT)

Danny Abambari

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
I got ang EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked edition and i have problems with the PIN connectors, the problem is that the graphics card needs a 6 pin and 8 pin connector which comes with the card but in my PSU, i just have a connector for the 6 pin... So I don't know what I can do with the 8 pin (6 + 2).. I turn on my computer just to check if everything it's Okay (I'm building a new computer) and I turn on the gpu without the 8 pin connector and it works. I want to know if the 8 pin connector is necessary for the gpu, why? and what happen if I left the gpu just with the 6 pin connector.. (Hope you understand my question, I'm not good with english)
Thanks

Danny Abambari

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014

The Builder

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
Yes, you need the 8 pin PCIe connector for your GPU. Please do not turn your system on again without it. And I would advise you to get a better quality PSU. A 850W unit without a 8 pin PCIe connector is just wrong. The webpage you linked doesn't even show the technical specifications for the unit.

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
What the builder said. He's serious, you can damage your new pc. He meant "don't turn your pc on again" though, not "do turn on your pc again."