Eight New Haswell Refresh Processors Arriving Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEJUman

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I don't get why they even made a i3 4370, because i3 4370 will cost the exact same as the faster i5 4430 quad core cpu. Since the most powerful haswell i3 right now is only 10 bucks less than i5 4430.
to you and me, yeah.. the $10 is a no brainer.
but to the target market for these i3 & pentiums, that $10 or less difference may mean something at 100+ units. Altenatively, the people who buys this just wanted a processor, didn't really care which.

Just like me with clothing: "but sir, for a mere $10, you can get this levi's with the stone washed look".. didn't care, just give me the potato sack with 2 holes on it.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I don't get why they even made a i3 4370, because i3 4370 will cost the exact same as the faster i5 4430 quad core cpu. Since the most powerful haswell i3 right now is only 10 bucks less than i5 4430.
to you and me, yeah.. the $10 is a no brainer.
but to the target market for these i3 & pentiums, that $10 or less difference may mean something at 100+ units. Altenatively, the people who buys this just wanted a processor, didn't really care which.

Just like me with clothing: "but sir, for a mere $10, you can get this levi's with the stone washed look".. didn't care, just give me the potato sack with 2 holes on it.

yeah I think comparing jeans to a potato sack is a bit fat fetched there as just about anyone in their right mind would buy jeans over a potato sack for 10 dollars, because you won't get into many places wearing two potato sacks as clothing. lol

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
How long will Intel customers have to wait for a Haswell-E Core processor? Does every other market segment have to be one generation ahead? Ivy Bridge-E was a huge disappointment, winning the top spot in reviews based more upon it's moxie rather than it's performance, Intel needs to move the desktop enthusiast processor updates to the beginning of each cycle instead of dead last. I can't think of any other tech business that treats it's most enthusiastic customers this way..

all stalked out

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013

This is something i have also been waiting for, although i will never be able to afford any of them.

This is something i have also been waiting for, although i will never be able to afford any of them.

There not gonna be great options for the majority of people, From what I've read so far there clocked lower so there going to lose out on anything other than what uses all the cores. For example gaming, The e chips have a great platform for multi gpu systems but the low clock on the eight core is going to leave it lagging behind many 4 and 6 core versions such as sandy/ivy e and even devil's canyon probably. I might be totally wrong but I don't see how it will make up the shortfall in those sorts of circumstances.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
We need the standard to be 25W TDPs with quad core 3ghz CPUs soldered onto the motherboards for NAS builds. Why soldered? to get the price down. We can set up the NASes with different OSs/Front ends so we can push software design. This will drive up the efficiency and drive down costs. We need economies of scale to bring down NAS prices. The key is to be snappy performance at min 1600p over the Gb/s Ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.