Looking for a decently sized and priced monitor for under 200 dollars

TruthSeeker000

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
Im not sure what monitor to get for my new computer that I ordered. I want my games to be able to run at their max. Can someone help?

My specs:

AMD Motherboard - FM2 Chipset Motherboard
Memory - 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Primary Hard Drive - 500GB 7200RPM
Optical Drive - DVD Writer
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon R7 250X 1GB

I would appreciate it if i could get it from walmart or best buy no online ordering

Solution
Any standard 60Hz 1920x1080 monitor should be fine. Any last-gen games can easily run maxed-out at 60fps on that system. Some current-gen games, however, will not run at max spec on your system, regardless of resolution.

You should go with a nice monitor that fits all of your computer needs. You can always run a high-resolution monitor at a lower resolution, but nowadays I wouldn't recommend anything below 1080p for a new system.

Jak Atackka

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Any standard 60Hz 1920x1080 monitor should be fine. Any last-gen games can easily run maxed-out at 60fps on that system. Some current-gen games, however, will not run at max spec on your system, regardless of resolution.

You should go with a nice monitor that fits all of your computer needs. You can always run a high-resolution monitor at a lower resolution, but nowadays I wouldn't recommend anything below 1080p for a new system.

Solution

drill97

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014

I won't tell you what monitor to get but I am going to give you some idea of what kind of monitor to get.

If you are thinking about upgrading your GPU later, get a monitor with a recommended resolution 1920x1080. But if you don't, your GPU will struggle to play the most recent games in max settings in that resolution and a monitor with a recommended resolution of 1366x768 would give you better performance. But of course, you can play with lower resolutions than your monitor recommends. For example, you can play 1366x768 in a 1920x1080 monitor.

I would personally choose one with 1080p resolution, but don't except to run the most recent games on Ultra settings in the max resolution allowed. When choosing the brands, try to stay among the most known brands, like: LG, Samsung, Acer, Asus, BenQ, Hannspree, Philips and Sony (mainly the first 4).

As long as the monitor has HDMI, the GPU and the monitor will be compatible.