Building Premium High End Gaming Rig (max 2000€~ - component list inside) - need advice

Xewie

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
Hi!

I am planning to go back to PC again from laptops (was abroad quite often last 2 years) and I have made a list of components that I am thinking about. I selected these parts after careful research and with good reasons and I would be very happy to hear your thoughts about the rig.

I would like to use the PC to run all games at max settings 60fps+ with ease, streaming and everyday use. I use a dell U2312HM 1080p screen but If I start streaming I'll add a second one (one for the game second for chat, programs etc). I currently do not plan to buy bigger / higher res screens as this one is comfortable for me but I might upgrade to 4K later when it is more affordable.

GPU - MSI N Series - 780GTX Ti 3GB - seems to best low noise / performance combo

CPU - Intel i7 4770K - a no brainer, above it is an overkill and I prefer intel over AMD

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D14 - again a no brainer I guess, very solid and + reviews

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866mhz - BLACK - not so sure about this one but I guess there isn't that much to memory?

HDD - Western Digital Sata 3 - 3TB 7200RPM - RED - I don't fully understand the tags here, I want my HDD to be 2-3TB and relatively fast, there is a similar version with IntelliPower which is supposed to be an automatic speed/power saving combo made by WD. RPM is between 5400 and 7200.

SSD - Intel 730 Series 240GB - again seems like a no brainer

Case - Antec Solo II - I would like a silent case, but maybe these components are silent enough as they are and I could get a window side panel one with leds? I like simple and clean looking cases. Are there any other good ones on the market?

Motherboard - Asus Maximus Hero VI or Z87 Pro- I ran into the Maximus being recommend everywhere for gaming. Debate is between the 2. From what I understand they are the same price and main difference is better onboard audio vs wifi (maybe looks). I will have LAN cable access but I'm also planning to buy a better sound card. Thoughts?

Sound - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro - This had good reviews but I am not very familiar with sound cards. It seems to be external, is that a problem?

PSU - Corsair RM750 80Plus Gold - originally I wanted a TX750 half modular (I heard full modular can fail more often because of more connections) but it seems like that is no longer on the market in Hungary. 750W should be enough right?

That would be all for now. I hope I didn't miss any components. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions!

byza

Honorable
I would go for the WD Black Hdd and swap that PSU for something in tier 1, 2a or 2b on this list
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

Personally I would get the Hero, but there probably isn't much difference performance wise. That RAM is fine, but if you can look for 2133 with low CAS if you can. It's not going to make a whole lot of difference if you can't find it though. Also you will only need 8gb of RAM. I know you're not in the states but here is two examples of RAM you could look for.
Memory: Mushkin Redline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($81.00 @ Newegg)

As for cases there are too many to list and it's really a personal preference. I think the NZXT H440 might suit your needs, but just find cases you like the look of and search for some reviews on them.

TRENDING THREADS