Need help for PC upgrade

Raimonds K

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
Hello, i do not mean to sound like a not cool person, but since you guys understand way more than me, im asking your help please! Excuse me for my language mistakes if i make any.
So i currently have a computer, which i would like to upgrade so i would be able to play WoW-Mists of pandaria and older expansions too, not on the lowest graphics, but almost ultra, it is not only the world of warcraft, but it is for me so it is faster and better, since old casing is pretty bad, i thought why not upgrade not only casing, but abit more. So i want to know what is the bottleneck here - take in consideration, that i do not know about compatibility n stuff, so by that i mean, i just want to do it as cheap as possible, but if there is a decision between two items id pick quality ones.
Current situation is:
Motherboard:ASROCK G41C-GS,
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20 Ghz ,
Video card : integrated Intel G41 Express Chipset ,
Ram : 2,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15),
Monitor : acer AL1916,
Power supply: here is image of its sticker by the way offtopic,
Lojsdidao.jpg

In summary, also recommend me a good casing where this all would fit in of course taking new items you will recommend in consideration. Any questions will be answered as quick as possible!

oi. that power supply gives me the willies 30 amps on the 5v rail and only 19 of teh 12 amp?
God that belongs in the mists of time by now, when most things ran on the 5v molex cables, and the no name brand doesn't help...

For your system, the main bottleneck is that Intel integrated graphics, the next bottleneck is the only 2 GB of Ram.

My recommendation would be a new PC if you can afford it

Raimonds K

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014

Well, this computer is very old, but i do not plan buying new computer quite yet, because i recently bought this motherboard for quite a price. Then what are you saying? If i get video card, and ram i will be able to run it high graphics? Should i change power supply? - And what video card, what ram, and what power supply then?
Or it is really really not worth upgrading, and by investing couple more $ would be better to buy new? Because i might be able to get the replacement parts cheaper used.