Laserdisc repair in UK?

To my horror I've just discovered that the outer casing of my CLD-925 is
live while it is plugged in! I received a small shock from it and using a
multi tester I've determined that the case is steadily reading 220-230v,
although the current itself is very small. The player seems to work fine
despite the problem.

However, this is unlikely to go away on its own and will probably get worse,
making it quite dangerous to use. Is there anywhere in the UK I can get my
player repaired or even just looked at?

Funnily enough I was going to ask this question anyway, but this discovery
has hastened things a bit!

Thanks,

James
4 answers Last reply
More about laserdisc repair

    Where abouts in the UK are you?

    Smiffy

    John Smith wrote:
    > Where abouts in the UK are you?
    >
    > Smiffy

    Hornchurch, east of London.

    Videotec in Oxford have years of experience in fixing/modifying players, and
    I gather the Pioneer players are particularily easy to set up if you have
    the knowledge - I'm sure they'd help!

    www.videotec.co.uk

    They have had my CLD-925 for a few months now, sadly, parts seemingly taking
    forever to come from japan.

    Just check that the live and neutral are the correct way round in the
    electrical plug first...

    Ben

    "James Taylor" <taylor.jams@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > To my horror I've just discovered that the outer casing of my CLD-925 is
    > live while it is plugged in! I received a small shock from it and using a
    > multi tester I've determined that the case is steadily reading 220-230v,
    > although the current itself is very small. The player seems to work fine
    > despite the problem.
    >
    > However, this is unlikely to go away on its own and will probably get
    > worse,
    > making it quite dangerous to use. Is there anywhere in the UK I can get
    > my
    > player repaired or even just looked at?
    >
    > Funnily enough I was going to ask this question anyway, but this discovery
    > has hastened things a bit!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > James

  4. LaserDisc player repairs can be done by these guys... they fix later LD/DVD combi units too!

    cinema-shop.co.uk

    Tel:01702 554100

    hope this helps someone

Laser Disc Players Video