Benq EW2440L vs RL2455HM (Response Time 4MS vs 2MS)

maverick121

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I want to get a new 24inch monitor my uses are

-Programming
-Gaming(I have a GTX 660,so like gaming -NOT a hardcore gamer playing 24/7)
-Watching Movies

I currently own an old sync master 20 inch NON HD Monitor.

My budget is 15,000 INR.I really want a monitor that looks good.
My panel preference is TN/VA since IPS is out of my budget and yes TN is better for gaming.

So the Dell Ultrasharp 24 inch is a good one but it costs 18,000 something,its too big for a monitor.
Next i have the Benq Gaming Series launched last year RL2455HM,it boats of a 1MS Response Time and a TN Panel but i prefer a better looks so i have the new Benq EW2440L,this one looks good but the Response time is 4ms and uses a VA Panel.but it has some cool features like Mobile Connectivity and looks great.Both fall under 15,000(Online Pricing) Well is it a big deal with the response time.

Im a novice when it comes to displays,So could Display geeks here tell me which will be good for me.
If there are better Monitors that fits in my needs please suggest

DeadGraphics

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
If you play First Person Shooters and games like that then the RL will be better with the lower response time which is good for the games of that genre. Honestly, as long as a monitor is 1920x1080 or over then you'll have a satisfying experience. I found the cheapest 1080p monitor with some good reviews and I went for it. It hasn't let me down, and looks great

maverick121

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

Thanks,But people say stuff like Ghosting comes in with low refresh rate monitors.I one which i run now has a refresh rate of 5ms,i did not notice problems till now.I hope 4ms is good enough.I play FPS a lot,but EW2440L has better colour reproduction and looks.Is the 3ms difference a big issue?