Unlimited Budget Gaming Desktop Build

srr2449

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
I've been building my own rigs for the last 10 years. I currently have this setup:

CPU: Intel i7-3770k @3.5ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX EVGA 690
MEM: 32gb DDR3 G Skill 2133
MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

I assumed this would handle anything I threw at it, and gaming wise it does. I can run any game I've played at 1440p in ultra and have no issues. But my problem is I need to record my footage as well. This absolutely changes everything drastically. I have a SSD that has my OS and games running on it. I have 2 individual hard drives one which has the recording software and the other which is the destination for the recorded files. Even still this makes recording at ultra nearly impossible for most games.

My goal is this... I need to build a PC that can Game in 4k and record at 4k in ultra settings without dropping below 30fps. If this isn't possible yet I'd at least want the same thing but in 1440p. So if as a community you can guide me to the correct build, and keep in mind cost isn't a concern, then please help me! I feel it necessary to mention that just because I have no budget doesn't mean I want to buy a $3,000 GPU just for the hell of it. I need to know what's going to get me where I need to be.

Thanks in advance!

For the recording, get a dedicated capture card. This takes all the load off the CPU and puts it on the card, although I don't know if any capture cards can do 4k. Gaming in 4k and recording it, may be a stretch.

Wanting to game in 4k ultra is going to run in the 1k-2k range in GPU alone, whether you like it or not. lol.

$1500 gets you just over 60.

62498.png