DVL-909 tray problem.

I have a DVL-909 with a stuck tray. When trying to eject a disc I heard a
loud snap and the tray would not open. I was able to remove the top cover
and the upper clamp and remove the disc. Watching the mechanism while
hitting the LD open button, I can see that the spindle assembly is not
dropping down to its lowest position. Also the sound of a motor buzzing can
be heard.

Is there a way to remove the tray with out making the damage worse? I have a
service manual, but the procedure to remove the tray requires that the tray
first be in it's open position.

Any help is appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about dvl 909 tray problem
  1. Pick it up, turn it over, hold it up, and shake it a little, maybe you'll get lucky. Unstick laserdisc tray
  2. Quote:

    I have a DVL-909 with a stuck tray. When trying to eject a disc I heard a
    loud snap and the tray would not open. I was able to remove the top cover
    and the upper clamp and remove the disc. Watching the mechanism while
    hitting the LD open button, I can see that the spindle assembly is not
    dropping down to its lowest position. Also the sound of a motor buzzing can
    be heard.

    Is there a way to remove the tray with out making the damage worse? I have a
    service manual, but the procedure to remove the tray requires that the tray
    first be in it's open position.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Frequently the old rubber belts need to be replaced, the mechanism needs to be cleaned and lubricated, the lubrication grease dries up and the mechanism will no longer move properly. Shaking the unit does not normally cure the problem.

Laser Disc Players Video