First time HTPC built! What's next?

GRAJY

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
Hi all!

Am new to PC building, as I've just built my first HTPC on a budget. All up it cost around AUD$600.
Some components I could've purchased cheaper, but I didn't want to wait for parts in the mail. I picked this all up on a Wednesday night so I could build over the next few nights, then get the software/downloaded content right. I'm running XBMC.
I also run a D-Link-320L NAS with 3TB all up. Movies and TV shows are on the 2TB drive here.
Any "games" I have/will have will be stored locally on the HTPC.

I'm aware that the PC specs aren't great for gaming, but I enjoy gaming on consoles instead.

The build was straightforward and easy enough to do. I'm a mechanic by trade by the way.
Everything is setup straight from the box.

Just wondering, is there any suggestions as what I should do/add to the build for primarily HTPC functioning? I've enjoyed my first build, and am quite interested in learning more. :)

Cheers
Grajy

HTPC Budget Custom
Case: Silverstone Grandia GD05B USB3.0
PSU: Corsair VS350
MoBo: AsRock FM2A88X-ITX
CPU: AMD A6-6400K
RAM: 1x Corsair XMS3 4GB 1600
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

GRAJY

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014

I've considered it. Not too sure If I can justify the cost for some tiny extra load times.
I think as long as I keep this PC from being loaded with crap (like my laptop is), I should be okay for speed for a while.

:)