Samsung LCD tv - input source issue

aj_ky

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
I have a Samsung LCD tv (32" I believe) that was having issues with the display (the colors were blotchy), I ended up trying to factory default the tv and also adjust some of the display settings. None of that seemed to help. I then replaced the T-Con board which appeared to work. I powered on the tv and the menu display looked good with no blotchy or distorted colors.

I hooked up the coax cable to the tuner and proceeded to scan for channels, but it would not find any channels. I did a scan of the air channels and it found one channel, but that was cutting in and out and didn't show me much. I then hooked up a dvd player with a component cable and the screen was showing the picture but it looked as if it had a red overlay.

I took the back cover off the tv again and confirmed that all the cables were hooked back up. I also tried a factory reset again and no change when scanning for cable channels or the dvd player. The tv menu still looks good though.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on whether this could be a menu setting on the tv or if it is most likely another board problem.

Thanks!

instrument

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Did you met if the channels scan procedure worked fine (mean there were channels found) before the factory default setting? If so, the factory default setting has changed something wrong with the channels scan. Some TV's don't find any channels if the country selection isn't proper, for example. Factory default means you should set back everything as it was the first time you use that TV. You may also try getting some signal from a PC for example, if it has problem with the colors, there's a board problem for sure.