Maingear Intros Pulse 15 Thin and Light Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traciatim

Distinguished
Instead of being ultra thin and light, I wish you could get a nice inexpensive 15.6" laptop with a 1080p screen and an 860M or similar. For 2200 you could probably buy a desktop that destroys this laptop in gaming and then also a laptop or tablet for your on the go stuff that needs to get done.

Probably a MSI GS60 clone. A couple of the tech specs are off (says 2x mDP when the video on their site only says one, dimensions say 15.4" wide but you can't fit a keyboard + numpad in that space and leave as much room on the sides as in the pics), but the pics, styling, and features are a spot-on match.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Instead of being ultra thin and light, I wish you could get a nice inexpensive 15.6" laptop with a 1080p screen and an 860M or similar. For 2200 you could probably buy a desktop that destroys this laptop in gaming and then also a laptop or tablet for your on the go stuff that needs to get done.

Soon. Asus G551 is coming. Too bad the existing G550 isn't worth it due to DDR3 GTX 850M, that's not quite enough.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
@ Traciatim

I agree but the premise of a gaming laptop isn't to outmuscle a gaming desktop. The formality of hauling a bulky desktop PC gaming rig, gaming monitor(s), peripherals, etc. to a LAN party is already a pain in the a$$ and gaming laptops alleviate this issue so less set up time = more gaming time.

BleedingEdgeTek

Reputable
May 29, 2014

The Lenovo Y50 has all that and is thin and light for under $1000.

And this is completely overpriced anyway. The CyberPowerPC laptop has the same CPU and GPU, is just lacking an extra 8GB DIMM of RAM ($70) and an mSATA SSD ($75) but costs $800 less. That's ridiculously overpriced. Hell, you can get a Sager with an 880m for $300 less. This is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.