Newbie 4DTV question

Hi group I have a GI DSR920 receiver and a 10 foot dish I just picked
up,
do I need to subscribe it to get non pay channels, and if not is there
a list
of free channels that can be received.
7 answers Last reply
More about newbie 4dtv question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv,rec.video.satellite.tvro (More info?)

    The receiver needs to be authorized before it will receive anything.

    Considering it is a 920 it is probably used and therefore may have been
    authorized.

    http://www.motorola.com/broadband/4DTV/4DTVChannelUpdates_031205.htm has a list
    of channels, analog and digital, that the 4DTV can receive. DCII-Clear
    indicates free digital channels. The list is not perfect, but it is fairly
    close to being current.

    "Sauger" <ottoschmink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Hi group I have a GI DSR920 receiver and a 10 foot dish I just picked
    | up,
    | do I need to subscribe it to get non pay channels, and if not is there
    | a list
    | of free channels that can be received.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I guess I am still confused as to whether I have to subscribe to get
    any of
    the free channels or if I can just plug it in and find the free analog
    an
    free digital channels with out subscribing.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    ed to be authorized,but consider this.A subscription isn't that much and
    you'll benefitting yourself(there's some great pay channels up there!) as
    well as keeping 4dtv and the big dish alive longer!

    "Sauger" <ottoschmink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi group I have a GI DSR920 receiver and a 10 foot dish I just picked
    > up,
    > a list
    > of free channels that can be received.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    "Sauger" <ottoschmink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi group I have a GI DSR920 receiver and a 10 foot dish I just picked
    > up,
    > do I need to subscribe it to get non pay channels, and if not is there
    > a list
    > of free channels that can be received.

    Call NPS. Here is a link:

    http://www.callnps.com/default.htm

    I just called last week to renew my Guide.They will activate it for free.
    This is my second year. I do not subscribe anything and get all the free
    channels.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    In that situation what I would suggest is to plug it in and see what happens.

    If you do not receive T5-600 the receiver needs to be authorized. It would be
    the decision of the programming providers whether or not they would send an
    authorization hit "gratis".

    If you have an analog sub to any of the premium movie channels they will give
    you a digital sub for those.

    |I guess I am still confused as to whether I have to subscribe to get
    | any of
    | the free channels or if I can just plug it in and find the free analog
    | an
    | free digital channels with out subscribing.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Somebody has to pay for the facilities to authorize you for free and uplink
    those "free" channels!Get a subscription and support C band\4dtv or you will
    one day be left with nothing,but an expensive boat anchor!It doesn't cost
    that much for even a small package.

    "KLINK" <klink2@nyob.com> wrote in message

    > "Sauger" <ottoschmink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi group I have a GI DSR920 receiver and a 10 foot dish I just picked
    >> up,
    >> do I need to subscribe it to get non pay channels, and if not is there
    >> a list
    >> of free channels that can be received.
    >
    > Call NPS. Here is a link:
    >
    > http://www.callnps.com/default.htm
    >
    > I just called last week to renew my Guide.They will activate it for free.
    > This is my second year. I do not subscribe anything and get all the free
    > channels.

  7. i have a 4dtv 920 what all do i need to get it up what dish do i need

4DTV Satellite Video