WTF:Denon 2100 Manual and some newbie questions

Hi everybody,

I'm a bit late joining the game, but I recently added a Denon LA-2100
laserdisc player to my media rack. I'm loving it so far! I'd like to find a
copy of the manual if someone can point me in the right direction. Even a
scan or photocopy would be great!

Also, is there any sort of preventative maintenance I should do to this
player? I don't think it was cared for very well by it's previous owner(s)
and if I can do some simple stuff to prolong it's life I'm willing to open
it up. It's working fine for now, just looking towards the future!

TIA,
Darren
3 answers Last reply
More about wtf denon 2100 manual newbie questions

    You can verify that the LA3100 is a clone of the Pioneer CLD-D702. In the
    same way, with the same front panel, the LA2100 is a clone of the Pioneer
    CLD-D502. Notice that they are all from about 1993 with no separate CD
    drawer that the newer D503 and D703 sported.

    The belt and hub ring seem to be a little problematic as these players age.
    Both can be refurbished to some extent as explained in various threads in
    this newsgroup. Pioneer still carries many parts. Denon can usually
    provide manuals and remote controls. The Denon remote is discontinued for
    the LA2100. The owner's manual is $9 and available. From Pacific Coast
    Parts Website:

    MODEL NO. LA2100
    HOME AUDIO
    MILTI LASER PLAYER

    To order please click on desired Part # below.
    DescriptionPart #
    AC POWER CORD LA3100U101
    BELT LA300C0129
    FRONT PANES ASSY-S LA2100U113
    MICRO-FICHE N/A
    OWNERS MANUAL LA2100O/M
    PICKUP ASSY LA2100U120
    POWER BUTTON LA560C0354
    REMOTE CONTROL LA2100U109
    RIBBON CABLE (CD) LA560C0203
    SERVICE MANUAL LA2100S/M
    SPINDLE MOTOR ASSY LA3100U403

    "Darren Sulfridge" <des@dbmicro.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I'm a bit late joining the game, but I recently added a Denon LA-2100
    > laserdisc player to my media rack. I'm loving it so far! I'd like to find
    > copy of the manual if someone can point me in the right direction. Even a
    > scan or photocopy would be great!
    >
    > Also, is there any sort of preventative maintenance I should do to this
    > player? I don't think it was cared for very well by it's previous owner(s)
    > and if I can do some simple stuff to prolong it's life I'm willing to open
    > it up. It's working fine for now, just looking towards the future!
    >
    > TIA,
    > Darren

    Awesome! Thanks for the info!

    Darren

    "MScott" <epicsdonotspam@pacbell.net> wrote in

    > You can verify that the LA3100 is a clone of the Pioneer CLD-D702. In
    > the same way, with the same front panel, the LA2100 is a clone of the
    > Pioneer CLD-D502. Notice that they are all from about 1993 with no
    > separate CD drawer that the newer D503 and D703 sported.
    >
    > The belt and hub ring seem to be a little problematic as these players
    > age. Both can be refurbished to some extent as explained in various
    > threads in this newsgroup. Pioneer still carries many parts. Denon
    > can usually provide manuals and remote controls. The Denon remote is
    > discontinued for the LA2100. The owner's manual is $9 and available.
    > From Pacific Coast Parts Website:
    >
    > MODEL NO. LA2100
    > HOME AUDIO
    > MILTI LASER PLAYER
    >

    > To order please click on desired Part # below.
    > DescriptionPart #
    > AC POWER CORD LA3100U101
    > BELT LA300C0129
    > FRONT PANES ASSY-S LA2100U113
    > MICRO-FICHE N/A
    > OWNERS MANUAL LA2100O/M
    > PICKUP ASSY LA2100U120
    > POWER BUTTON LA560C0354
    > REMOTE CONTROL LA2100U109
    > RIBBON CABLE (CD) LA560C0203
    > SERVICE MANUAL LA2100S/M
    > SPINDLE MOTOR ASSY LA3100U403
    >

    > "Darren Sulfridge" <des@dbmicro.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi everybody,
    >>
    >> I'm a bit late joining the game, but I recently added a Denon LA-2100
    >> laserdisc player to my media rack. I'm loving it so far! I'd like to
    >> find
    >> copy of the manual if someone can point me in the right direction.
    >> Even a scan or photocopy would be great!
    >>
    >> Also, is there any sort of preventative maintenance I should do to
    >> this player? I don't think it was cared for very well by it's
    >> previous owner(s) and if I can do some simple stuff to prolong it's
    >> life I'm willing to open it up. It's working fine for now, just
    >> looking towards the future!
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Darren

  3. Darren, I just am buying an Denon LA 2100 and as soon as I get it I would be glad to send you a copy of the OWNERS MANUAL. My Email is lenboy1971@yahoo.com